IN 2013-2014 A TYPICAL TRIP INCLUDES:
- Friday evening departure from New York for an arrival Saturday morning in Geneva, Zurich, or Munich. All current departure taxes, security fees, and fuel surcharges based on October 5, 2009 published airfares are included.
- Transfer to your resort from the airport. Within Switzerland it’s by 1st or 2nd class rail depending on hotel quality. To Austria and France by motor coach. Private transfers to any resort can be arranged.
- A seven night stay at your resort hotel in a standard double room minimally with bath, cable TV, radio and direct dial telephone. Many hotels also have CNN, balconies, terry robes, heated towel racks, internet access, safes, hair dryers; and may have a pool, sauna, fitness, therapeutic spa, etc.
- Resort dining includes buffet breakfast and minimally four course dinner daily. The following hotels include buffet breakfast: Central/Verbier, Dr. Otto Murr’s/St Anton, Languard/St Moritz, Les Sorbiers/Val d’Isere, Hospiz Alm/St Christoph, Walserhof/Klosters, and Zauberberg/Davos.
- Six day, all area adult ski passes.
- Second Saturday transfer to gateway city.
- The eighth overnight is in gateway hotel with buffet breakfast with a Sunday return for an afternoon arrival in the States.
- All hotel state and local taxes, tips and service.
Package prices include published Swiss fares out of New York and valid on October 5, 2009. Below are the lowest fare add-ons for Swiss’s other gateways:
From To Geneva or Zürich
Los Angeles 115.00
We have contract fares with Air France, Continental, Delta, KLM, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, and United possibly affording additional savings. So please call for further information and note all fares are subject to change without notice.
- Pricing was done in early October; since then the dollar has gone down against the Euro and Swiss franc. Prices are based on a previous two months’ average so these rates were used for packages: CHF 1.05/$ and $1.40/Euro. As always, please use them as ballparks. When you call, prices will be quoted at current rates.
- Paris is an optional gateway for French and Swiss resorts. If you want to visit the sparkling city on the Seine, call for information.
- Many hotels have low season packages offering ski pass and/or ski school combinations at special prices.
- Hotel prices are based on a hotel’s standard room rate unless they offer a range of room rates then it’s based on the lowest listed price.
- Rates for singles, three-in-a-room, children-with-parents, two week stays, extended extensions, trip insurance, and other variations are available. If going alone you’ll feel comfortable in all, but more so in the informal three stars.
- A word to the wise: fleece, wearing jeans, jogging outfits, and running shoes are not welcome in European hotel dining rooms. Four star hotels generally require men to wear a jacket or sweater and slacks at dinner while five stars may require jacket and tie.
- Other wonderful little inns are available in: Arosa, Flims, Igls, Innsbruck, Les Portes de Soleil, Salzburg, Stuben, Val Thorens, and the other Jungfrau resorts.
- In recent years I’ve discovered several lovely selections of luxe, and many not so luxe, catered and self-catered, apartments and châlets. They range in size for families, small groups of friends and family or friends’ reunions. Some have hot tubs (unlike the West, these are quite rare in Europe) and private pools, four in staff, chauffeured 4x4s and gourmet cuisine and others are self-catered. A sampling: Zermatt’s only original Swiss châlet accommodates eight to ten with or without catering; Verbier has a romantic châlet just for two; and in Val d’Isère ten can ski-in or out of a staffed châlet with sauna and steam bath.
- Kitzbühel prices include air on Lufthansa and an eighth night at the four star Hotel Cortiina in very central Munich, an easy walk to the pedestrian area and many notable sights.
- For people flying Swiss to ski Switzerland you can check luggage from the States through to your resort for $15/bag.
- To ease final planning, documents will be Fed Ex-ed to clients a week prior to departure.